‘husband does not fulfill any of his duties’

Q: As Salam Alaikum Imam Sahab,

I apologize for being eager, and looking forward to receive reply on divorce question submitted last week asking again.
What a muslim woman should do if her husband does not fulfill any of his duties towards his wife, they are seperated as he has left home and is not willing to divroce her for next 7/8 yrs? How can she get divorce? She is willing to forgive/give up mehr but if husband is not agreed what are her options?
Jazzak Allah
Time: Saturday September 24, 2011 at 1:09 am

A: وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

You need to have your case evaluated by a religious board.  Such an organization can assist in making contact with this man and taking the necessary steps to ensure a state as well as religious divorce.

May Allah (SWT) make your matters easy, Ameen.

Allah Certainly Knows Best.

Comments are closed.