Q:As Salam Alaikum Imam Sahab,
1) I have questions about khatam-e-Quran and Sujdah. I read Quran-e-Paak with translation during the month of Ramadan and each time I perform all sujdah together once finished instead of reading and performing sujdah as I come across, is that OK?
2) How about sitting on prayer rug and do zikar/tasbeeh & dua while being in impure state?
3) How about reading Quran from laptop screen without touching – moving lips while being impure?
Jazzak Allah for your guidance and patience.
Answers: وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
May Allah continually guide to the Straight path, Ameen. Your query and concern for doing things the correct way is well appreciated.
1) Best to do the sujdah when one is reading it, however, sometimes this may prove difficult, in such a case, you can do the owed sujdah once you are done reading the Quran for the given recital. Should you not perform it as such, you may perform it as soon as you remember it.
2) It is not forbidden to sit on a prayer rug when a person is upon their menses. Doing the mentioned would prove beneficial. Would improve your rank in Jannah as well, inshaAllah.
3) Cannot move lips while impure. Best to do what you are doing, which remain in the likes of ‘zikar/tasbeeh & dua’ when impure.
Allah Certainly Knows Best.