Q: Assalamu alikum wa rahamtullah Sheikh,
I had a dream that basically reviewed my previous day, but when there were situations that I might have made a sin in that day that I regret, it was corrected in the dream. What does it mean? or is it typical because I desired for it to be corrected.
Also, what does it mean when I dream that I was in great worry state and I was making the duas over and over again (اللهم أعني على سكرات الموت) and (اللهم لا تكلني الى نفسي طرفة عين) am I dying soon? but what’s scary shiekh, the night after i had that dua in my dream, we heard the news that my uncle was shot to death, and now my parents are going through some intensive grief.
Time: Friday March 11, 2011 at 7:29 am
A: وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
- Seek forgiveness from the right sources.
- Life is to short to live in sin, even a small sin should not be attempted more so if it can be avoided. You are doing better than most and Allah (SWT) wants better for you. Do not live in denial or accept the bluff of life.
- Take whudu very seriously. Always try and sleep with whudu. It is your weapon against shaytan and his plotting. Whudu is also your link to salah and thus your jannah.
- The dua you mention is as follows: اللهم أعني على سكرات الموت Translation: oh Allah i seek refuge from the pangs of death.
- As for your other dua, the entire version is as follows: اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ ، وَأَصْلِحْ لِي شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ Translation: Oh Allah, it is Your Mercy that I have hope in so do not abandon me to myself even (even to the extent) of the blink of an eye, and make good my matters, all of them, there is no God except You.
- There is no indication that you are to die soon. This dream is asking you to think of death more often and kill of unwanted desires.
- Continue to ask Allah (SWT) to give you a long and beneficial life.
Allah Certainly Knows Best.