I have one question below:
#1.How much significance in Islam taking vaction for children(to make them happy!) like in Disney,seaworld etc?
May Allah bless you with more wisdom.
Time: Thursday February 25, 2010 at 10:46 am
Answers: وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
I am glad we care about doing the right thing for ourselves and our children. May Allah (SWT) bless you and our youth of today and tomorrow, Ameen.
- Travel the earth (ayah paraphrased) and learn from the the outcome of other nations. Learn from their good, observe their punishments not for the sake of entertainment but so so you can keep yourself away from an adverse lifestyle and make your self the very best (taqwa wise).
- Visiting for educational purposes is allowed. It should be done to better understand the greatness of our Creator if one has the resources to do so.
- Optimal travel in Islam should be to the House of Allah, Musjid of the Prophet (saw) as well as baytul maqdis. These are Houses that take us on another level, as it relates to piety.
- Mere entertainment travel is a waste of time and money in Islam.
- Sea-world visit can be justified in terms of gaining knowledge and increasing a child’s self esteem as it relates to travel coupled for the purpose of attaining knowledge.
- Watching goofy and winnie the pooh cannot be justified by any standards (Muslim or otherwise.) Likewise, to make a special trip to see mickey-mouse do tricks is to live below ones optimal understanding of life’s purpose.
Allah Certainly Knows Best.