i am a 26 year old girl,working in a mnc,i want to marry a boy who is also muslim.i told my parents about this.but they are not even ready to ask about him,dont want to meet him.
reason is he is not of our caste,i dont know what caste they are talking about as there is no caste system in islam and the other reason is –girls should not marry with her own choice.
We both are educated ,both are sunni and are not involved in any haram thing alhumdulillah.
I dont know what should i do now,i cant marry some one esle also.
i know my father will not attend our nikah also as they had stopped talking to me.he wont give permission over phone also.
please tell me what can be a solution for this situation.
Time: Thursday January 27, 2011 at 6:25 am
Answers: وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
- You are at a critical marital age
- Parents being unfair does not help your situation
- If you cannot marry anyone else and your parents do not have a proposal for you, then merely go to your local scholar with a marital certificate and get get your nikah done. Your age allows for such a proceeding in our current enviroment, more-so, under your seeming conditions
- i still feel that the matter needs to be discussed with your father, or uncles and have them attend the event
- (It does not look good with in-laws/society, etc. that a woman would begin her marital life in such manner)
- Should your parents not bless this nikah, under your stated conditions your nikah would still remain valid. You would need to make istigfar, for such a nikah is not in the best interest of attaining ‘perfection of faith’
Allah Certainly Knows Best.