Q: Assalamualikum Warahmatullahi Wabarkatu
1) What is the ruling regarding the permissibility of dua for children under the age of puberty at the grave yard?
2)If it is permissible, are there any restrictions which type of dua can only recited and not all duas (example: dua e magfirat should not be make for child because he is sinless or can make dua of shifaat for us and nothing else)?
3) In general, what is the ruling regarding imam making dua after fard salah with jamaah? Is it also necessary that a khutbah and speech should read before doing any dua with congregation?
Time: Monday November 1, 2010 at 11:21 am
Answers: وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
- Dua for a young person that passed below the age of puberty away is permissible. It would assist in elevating their position.
- It is permissible. Make dua that is linked to asking Allah (SWT) to increase the given childs position. You would not ask for forgiveness as much as you would ask for a higher position.
- No prohibition of making dua after salah. It need not always be done loudly. The best dua is one done softly whilst being aware of what they are praying for. If the dua is done loudly, then it should be done with the intent to teach people how to make dua and the words of dua. Dua after salah with jamat is established however not insisted upon.
Allah Certainly Knows Best.