yes you have rights, need to go to the right place

Q: As Salaamu Alaikum,

I have been separated  from my husband since last  January 21, 201o.
He refuses to gives me divorce. I have 3 very small children that he does  not support. I also got married in the American court. I really want this man out of my life. I have seen some local Imams, who are not helping me. They just tell me they have no right/power to give me khula’.  Allah,swt, always makes a way. I don’t believe this  is  haqq. This  seems wrong for me to  to sit here and be tied to a man that does not supp0rt me, or my children. I left him because he is a dangerous person. Can someone give me khula’? I am in another state, but the leaders here are not concerned about this issue.  I need freedom.

(name omitted by site)

Time: Saturday October 23, 2010 at 8:21 pm

A: وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

  • kindly send your case to a religious organization that has a board of scholars that can better bring a swifter resolution to your matter.
  • You have secular rights, likewise, you also have religious rights.
  • You need to direct this issue to the appropriate place for a resolution that is critical to the well being of you and those that surround you.
  • One need not be in an abusive marriage or situation. Opting out of this should always be done with wisdom, care and consideration.
  • We seldom get involved in such entanglements. Such matters are time consuming and involve aspects that interweaves itself between religion and American law. This for us is not practical nor feasible at this time.
  • We do apologize we cannot resolve your matter as possibly desired.
  • Ask your local imaam to address to you your rights. I am sure he would help or direct you to the right place.
  • We pray your matter gets resolved in a timely manner.



Comments are closed.