Q: I have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle. However, there is always at least a 15 day difference between 2 cycles. I wanted to know if it’s okay to count my period as haiz even if I get it 2.5, 3, or 4 weeks after the previous cycle. It’s never the same and it’s very unpredictable but there is always at least 15 days in between. Does my period count as haiz or do I have to pray?
Time: Tuesday March 30, 2010 at 10:30 pm
A: You must keep track of your cycle. The color, etc. for purposes of surety.
Here is a chart we have shared prior. Kindly view it. It answers your query.
- Minimum amount of days for haiz is 3 days
- Maximum amount days for your haiz would not exceed 10 full days
- Bleeding which was experienced by you does not need to be continuous but will be counted
- Bleeding which occurs after the full 10th day is called istihaza. (During Istihaza you would need to perform your salah with fresh wudhu for each prayer.)
- The minimum period of purity between one’s cycles are 15 days.
Kindly view this for added insight regarding matter. Resend query if not fully answered.
Allah Certainly Knows Best.